Saturday, November 20, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to change the ignition switch in my 1997 Pontiac Grand Am.?

The anti-theft has been disabled.Can anyone tell me how to change the ignition switch in my 1997 Pontiac Grand Am.?
dont forget to pulllfuse out for airbag...it will go off when you mess with thisCan anyone tell me how to change the ignition switch in my 1997 Pontiac Grand Am.?
I would assume you need to pull your steering wheel (get that kit at autozone with a free deposit. Then you will have to pull your dashboard out well the dash board part that is covering the key. That will get you to all the components you need to see. Then look at it and say okay this is how I remove it and this is my replacement. If its in your steering column you will see everything. Pull the steering wheel first, the bolts are on the back of it. You might not even need to do this. But you have to pull off everything that shows what you are looking at. Normally the steering wheel has to go.



Or you could just call one of the 1 million Pontiac dealers in the world and ask for service and ask them.



I think my idea is best because I think you will have to do both either way. Look at the switch you just bought and take the old one out and replace it with the new one. You will be able to see it.