Saturday, November 20, 2010

How much to change ignition switch in '05 Trailblazer?

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what a Chevy dealer is going to rip me off, er I mean charge me for changing the column ignition switch on an '05 Trailblazer? Every once in awhile the key won't turn and the tow truck guy said the tumblers that the key engage sometimes freeze or breakoff.How much to change ignition switch in %26039;05 Trailblazer?
Actually it's a simple procedure. Get a new switch at autozone, buy a Haynes manual for your truck and do it for about $40 yourself. I've done these before. All you need is some common tools. Just be careful around the airbag sensor. The manual does a great job in breaking down the steps for the repair.How much to change ignition switch in %26039;05 Trailblazer?
The first thing I would do is call the dealer about 11 AM in the morning and price out the repair. That's the reference you should use for deciding where to get the repairs done.