Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the ignition tumbler on a 1966 Chevrolet truck?

I am not sure how to remove the old lock. I have removed the switch but am not sure if there is some kind of release to remove the tumbler.ThanksHow do I change the ignition tumbler on a 1966 Chevrolet truck?
replace the entire cylinder, if you want the original key then take the cylinder and key to a locksmithHow do I change the ignition tumbler on a 1966 Chevrolet truck?
You cannot relesase the tumbler unnless the key is in the run position. I know it sounds stupid why would I need to change the tumbler if i had the key. The only thing to to is drill it outHow do I change the ignition tumbler on a 1966 Chevrolet truck?
As Locksmith said, change the entire cylinder. If it's a 66', you can probably install the entire switch assembly from another truck/car but you'll need the key from the donor vehicle--done it before myself.