Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you replace a 1990 Accord Ignition Switch?

My car starts up then dies in a second or 2. The mechanic tells me it's a bad ignition switch and tumbler that need to be replaced. My key does get stuck sometimes and I have to wiggle it to turn the key. Is it difficult to change the switch and tumbler? How do I do it?How do you replace a 1990 Accord Ignition Switch?
I would suggest going to a parts store such as: Auto Value, CarQuest, or NAPA in order to get a repair manual for your car. Usually these places carry Haynes manuals. They are pretty helpful in repairing carsHow do you replace a 1990 Accord Ignition Switch?
I would check the Ignition pig tail. That's what it sound like.. It's not the switch.. It's the wire after the ignition switch. Got to any part store and ask for the Ignition pig tail.. To change that wire. all you have to do is take out the colum cover. There's 2 phil. screw after the ignition switch.