Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ignition Switch installation on a 1998 Chevy s10 Pick-up?

On a previous question, I am being told that I should change out the ignition switch on my 1998 S10 Pick-up truck. Does anyone have instructions with pictures and diagrams as to how to go about doing this? I'am somewhat handy mechanically, but any additional help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Ignition Switch installation on a 1998 Chevy s10 Pick-up?
I dont know of any place to go, mostly because its not a newer vehicle. Its not that bad. Start ripping and tearing! Just keep track and maybe even take pictures yourself in the process.Ignition Switch installation on a 1998 Chevy s10 Pick-up?
if its just the ignition switch ,that's mounted on the lower steering column and isn't too bad to change ,it also has to be adjusted though once its installed for it to work right,if its the actual key part you have to disassemble the steering column to get to it,and that's a pretty hard job to do on a Chevy,and does require a few specialty tools,good luck with it.